Season Home Protection Programs Using "Green" Materials
Heritage Pest Control is a progressive company utilizing the safest most effective chemicals and materials available. As a leader in environmentally responsible pest management, Heritage Pest Control offers three different "green" Seasonal Home Protection Programs to choose from. All three programs are designed keeping IPM in mind and utilize minimally invasive and low chemical treatment procedures.
All three of our "green" service options are available in the Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Plus Seasonal Home Protection Programs. We know that "green" treatments are not for every client. We do offer pest control treatments with traditional EPA approved insecticides as well. Ask our customer service representative which option - "green" or traditional is best for your need when you call.
This option utilizes Integrated Pest Management (IPM), practices to eliminate and control pest populations. This environmentally responsible program includes:
- Doing a thorough inspection.
- Judicious and careful use of low impact insecticide materials.
- Making sanitation recommendations.
- Excluding pests before they get in.
- The use of mechanical controls such as glue boards.
- The use of cultural controls (making recommendations like keeping tree limbs and shrubbery away from the property).
- The use of biological controls (Aphids - Pheromones).
- Educating the customer and communicating with them.
We use a selection of natural organic compounds to control pest problems with a back up of standard low impact materials. The organic materials used are labeled for a wide variety of pests and have proven to be very effective.
Only if the organic materials need back-up, we utilize low impact synthetic materials, and of course we use other facets of our IPM program to control pests as well.
In the Green First Program, we use all green materials such as the Eco-Smart products, glue board monitors, low toxicity baits or gels, and pheromone traps. We add additional synthetic materials to our program at the permission and request of the owner to speed things along.
The unprecedented margin of safety with this program, is provided by the fact that the plant oils used in this program are rated as Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) rating by the Food and Drug Administration. This means that these materials will be safe for use around pets, children, and chemically sensitive individuals.
In the All Green Program we strictly adhere to the use of only green materials to control pest populations. Not only do we use the Eco-Smart natural botanicals, but we employ baits, monitors, and traps as well as seal areas with caulk, copper mesh, and hardware cloth. We give additional advice on gutter cleaning and control, fixing moisture leaks, landscape trimming, and pest harborage control guidance.
We have found the special botanical materials we use are very effective in controlling pests as these special plant oils target and block a key neurotransmitter receptor site for octopamine that doesn't exist in mammals, just in insects. Additionally, we utilize our IPM practices to enhance the effectiveness of this green program. All Green customers should be aware that 100% control of pest populations is unlikely with this program and that some pest tolerance threshold is necessary.
All Three Plans Include Our Seasonal Protection Program
All three of our "green" service options are available in the Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Plus Seasonal Home Protection Programs.
Our green programs also include:
- Three seasonal services in the spring, summer, and fall.
- We service the exterior of your home each time and the interior also if
- We provide "FREE" emergency services in between regular service calls if
- We cover more pests than any other company in our Silver, Gold, Platinum,
Plus Seasonal Home Protection
Plans. Review the pests covered
under each program.
- A treatment program is designed to give you the maximum protection by utilizing
the safest, newest, and most scientific methods available.
- Our pest control technicians are state licensed, uniformed, polite, and well trained. Many of our technicians are bi-lingual in Spanish.
We know that "green" treatments are not for every client. We do offer pest control treatments with traditional EPA approved insecticides as well. Ask our customer service representative which option - "green" or traditional is best for your need when you call.