How To Get Rid Of Ants In Your New Jersey Home
March 24, 2022
Ant control in New Jersey is essential to eliminate ants and the many problems they can bring to your home. Effective ant control provided by New Jersey pest control specialists is just the thing to remove infestations of this pest for good.
Common Types Of Home-Invading Ants In New Jersey
There are several types of ants in New Jersey that you may encounter around your home. Proper ant identification is important, as this will help you put targeted ant control in your house.
- Carpenter Ants
- Odorous House Ants
- Pavement Ants
- Citronella Ants
- Acrobat Ants
- Pharaoh Ants
And if you need help with ant identification at any point, reach out to professional ant control in New Jersey to narrow down the culprits invading your home.
All The Problems Ants Can Create In Your Home
As ants start invading your home and an infestation gets well underway, you are at risk for several problems, thanks to this tiny invader. To begin, ants can track all kinds of bacteria onto your home’s surfaces and into stored food. This increases your risk of illness such as food poisoning and can also ruin an entire pantry of food.
Additionally, most ants will bite, and even though these bites are not particularly dangerous, they can be painful. They may also trigger allergic reactions in specific individuals that result in a need for medical attention.
Ants also cause destruction, especially species like carpenter ants that will tunnel into the walls of your home.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your Home
Effective ant control starts with reaching out to Heritage Pest Control for help instituting ant control solutions that will eliminate any infestation of this pest. Our professionals will waste no time identifying your ant problem and providing you with tailored options that work to entirely remove ants from your home and allow you to live pest-free.
Five Easy And Effective Ant Prevention Tips For Your Home
When it comes to ant control solutions, follow these prevention steps to stop future invasions of this tiny pest:
- Seal up potential ant entry points around your homes, such as the gaps in windows, doors, and the foundation. Put sturdy window and door screens and weather stripping to ensure this pest stays out.
- Ensure that trash bags are tightly sealed and that all waste is disposed of properly. Refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills, as these aromas often attract ants.
- Store all leftover food properly and consider using airtight containers in pantry areas to keep ants from scavenging through stored food.
- Fix up moisture issues around your home and any indoor or outdoor leaks. This prevents pools of excess moisture which can often attract ants.
- Keep your yard clear of debris such as fallen branches and leaf litter, and ensure that the grass stays trimmed low. This will reduce outdoor ant hiding spots and make your property less desirable.
It would help if you also kept in mind that the best way to remove active infestations of this pest is to invest in pest control ant treatment. Let our professionals at Heritage Pest Control help you with ant control in your house that eliminates this pest and eradicates the risks ant invasions may bring your home.