Ants In New Jersey: The Ultimate Control Guide
May 5, 2023
Welcome to the ultimate control guide for ants in New Jersey! This guide will help you identify and manage ant populations on your property. Ants are a common problem in New Jersey due to the wide variety of habitats and food sources available throughout the state. Identifying the species of ants that are present and their nesting habits can help you develop an effective ant control strategy. Each of these species has its own behaviors and nesting habits that you should be aware of in order to control them properly.
Working with a New Jersey pest control company with ant elimination experience will produce the best results.
Types Of Ants Common To The Area
New Jersey is home to a variety of ant species that are known to be a nuisance to homeowners.
The following ants are most likely to require ant control in your house:
- Pavement ants are small, black, or dark brown in color and will grow to about 1/8 of an inch long.
- Carpenter ants are the largest ant species in New Jersey, measuring as much as 1/4 of an inch long. These ants can be black or reddish-black.
- Odorous house ants are very small brown or black ants that measure only 1/16 of an inch in length.
- Acrobat Ants are small, black or brown in color, and are about 1/8 of an inch long.
- Crazy ants are small, black or brown ants that measure about 1/8 of an inch long.
These are five of the most common ant species in New Jersey that you may need to identify and take steps to control. If necessary, pest control professionals can provide an effective and long-term pest control ant treatment.
An Ant Infestation Can Be More Than Just A Nuisance
An ant infestation can be more than just an annoyance. These pests can create a variety of problems in your home, such as damage to furniture and walls, contamination of stored food products, and health risks caused by ants carrying dangerous bacteria. It is important to take swift action if you suspect an ant infestation in your New Jersey home, as the problem can quickly get out of hand. Fortunately, professional pest control services are available to provide effective ant control and restore your property to its former glory.
Five Naturally Effective Ant Prevention Tips
The following five natural and effective ant prevention tips provide the best opportunity to successfully obtain ant control in New Jersey.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free.
- Seal any openings that ants might use to enter your home.
- Keep food items stored in airtight containers.
- Plant ant-repelling herbs or plants around your perimeter.
- Use diatomaceous earth as a natural ant barrier.
By following these five tips, you can naturally prevent ant infestations in your home and enjoy a pest-free living environment. Take the time to implement these strategies now - you'll be glad you did!
The Most Effective Ant Control For New Jersey Homes
Heritage Pest Control is a family owned and operated business that has provided the best pest control for ants in New Jersey since 1989. Our highly trained technicians use the latest technologies and techniques to provide eco-friendly removal and exclusion services. We will inspect your home for the presence of ants, identify their nesting areas, determine what species are present, and develop a customized plan to remove them from your property. At Heritage Pest Control, we are committed to providing effective ant control services for your home. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in New Jersey.