Getting Rid Of Mice In Your New Jersey Home For Good
January 10, 2023
Mice are TINY but can cause significant damage in your New Jersey home. Unfortunately, you can have some in your home without knowing for a long time. This is because mice are nocturnal animals that come out of their hiding places at night and disappear during the day. Before they turn your home inside out, contact a New Jersey pest control expert to kill them.
You might think mice don't pose a threat because they are tiny, far from it. Apart from damaging your property, mice can also make you and your loved ones sick. For this and many other reasons, you can call Heritage Pest Control to help get rid of mice in your home.
Clear Signs You Have A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
Even if you have not seen any mice in your New Jersey home, there are trails they leave behind that can help you know you have these unwanted guests. Some signs of mice infestation include the following:
- Strong smell: if you feel an ammonia-like smell in your house, it's probably from mouse urine.
- Dead or live mice: if you see a dead or live mouse in your house, many of them are likely hiding in the house.
- Tracks footprints: Mice tracks are common in dusty places such as basements and unused lofts.
- Nests: Mice like building their nests using shredded pieces of clothing or paper. The nests can be behind furniture, floorboards, ceiling, and cavity walls.
- Scratching noises: Mice like to scratch at night. If you hear such noises, know that they are around.
- Urine pillars and grease marks: Urine, body grease, and dirt from mice can form pillars on your walls.
- Mice droppings: Mice feces are dark and small, measuring about 3 - 8 mm. You can find them scattered in your cupboards, drawers, and other hidden places.
If you see any other signs that you suspect could be a sign of mice infestation, call Heritage Pest Control immediately. The longer you wait, the larger their population will grow.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
You don't need to come into contact with a mouse to get infected by the pathogens they carry. Mice like hiding and walking in dirty bacteria-infested places. They can contaminate your food or your food preparing surfaces with germs. Their fecal matter and urine can also cause diseases such as lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), salmonella, and hantavirus.
Furthermore, mice also carry other pests on their bodies. For example, the ticks they carry can cause tick fever and Lyme disease. The fleas they carry can cause Bubonic plague. Mice are also known to bite people. Through these bites, you can get infections. You need not wait long until you or your loved ones suffer from any of these conditions. When you notice a mouse in your home, call us immediately.
Five Simple Tips To Prevent Future Mouse Problems
Once mice have been eliminated from your home, you must take steps to prevent them from coming back in the future. The steps you can take to achieve this include the following:
- Seal your home: Seal all cracks, crevasses, and holes in your home.
- Trim overhanging shrubs and trees: Shrubs and trees can bring wild mice into your home from the outside.
- Keep your yard clean: Remove garbage, debris, and debris from your yard. These are the places mice like to hide.
- Seal your food: Do not leave any human or pet food in open containers. Make sure you store food in sealable containers. Again, don't leave any food particles on tables, floors, countertops, etc.
- Store trash properly: Just like food, ensure you store trash in bins with tightly closing lids.
Mice are cunning creatures. They will always find a way into your home, no matter what you do. The best way to deal with them is to hire home pest control experts.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Mouse Infestation
The only way to eliminate mice from your home, 100%, is to call Heritage Pest Control experts to deal with them. We have many years of experience dealing with mice problems in New Jersey. If you suspect you have a mouse infestation, call us right away.