The Best Way To Keep Nuisance Wildlife Away From Your New Jersey Home
January 30, 2023
If you have any unwanted wildlife on your New Jersey property, you can consider them a nuisance. While you might occasionally spot wildlife in your garden, it should be a concern when their visits become regular and they make a habit of rummaging through your garbage.
If you don't involve wildlife control experts, nuisance wildlife will create nests on your property, mess up your garden, or even harm you. If you suspect you are sharing your space with nuisance wildlife, call a wildlife expert to take care of the problem. New Jersey pest control experts have experience and effective and safe techniques for wildlife removal from New Jersey property for good.
Common Types Of Nuisance Wildlife Found In New Jersey
You can find a wide range of wildlife in your New Jersey home. New Jersey residents' common nuisance wildlife on their property include opossums, squirrels, raccoons, birds, snakes, skunks, and bats.
Most of these intruders avoid human interaction and will run away from people. However, some may get aggressive, especially when they feel threatened or trapped. That is why you should prevent nuisance wildlife from getting near your house.
For safe removal, it is also essential to call a wildlife control company with trained experts to capture and relocate them.
Why You Don't Want Wildlife Hanging Around Your Yard
Nuisance wildlife can wreak havoc and cause many problems in your New Jersey home. In your home, wildlife may cause a wide variety of issues, including:
- Damage to plants: Garden beds, trees, and plants may suffer damage as wild animals consume any available food sources.
- Transmission of severe illnesses: Raccoons, deer mice, and bats spread diseases like the hantavirus through the air by microscopic water droplets from excrement.
- Physical attacks: Animals that feel scared or trapped may bite and scratch you painfully. An encounter with poisonous snakes could result in a medical emergency or even mortality.
- Unpleasant smells: Strong, foul odors from animal excrement and decomposing bodies buried in tall grass or burrows can make your New Jersey home uncomfortable.
Nuisance wildlife can cause mayhem in your New Jersey home if you let them invade. If you suspect the animals have set camp in your home, call wildlife control services for effective removal.
Five Easy And Effective Wildlife Prevention Tips
Animals will only stay on your property if they feel comfortable. They will leave if your home does not provide water, food, and shelter. Here are some strategies for keeping unwelcome wildlife away from your New Jersey home:
- Eliminate food sources: Eliminating food sources is the first step to preventing wildlife contact in your home. Never actively feed wildlife and prevent access to food sources such as grain through proper storage. Also, properly dispose of your garbage.
- Protect your garden: A sturdy fence is the best barrier against rabbits, squirrels, and woodchucks. A garden fence should have tiny spaces to keep nuisance wildlife out.
- Trim bushes and trees: Animals may easily access the roof, get into a vent, and build a nest using tree branches. To stop these animals from entering your home through the trees, trim any overhanging branches to close any access.
- Inspect vents and openings: Most pest wildlife will enter your home through a small opening in the vent on the exterior to a hidden room or roof. To keep animals out of your house, check openings and vents and seal them.
- Eliminate standing water: Remove objects that catch water, such as bird baths, drainage ditches, puddles, plant pots, and old tires, and create proper drainage for standing water to keep wildlife at bay.
Making your New Jersey property less attractive to nuisance wildlife by eliminating food and water sources and sealing potential entryways will keep the critters out. If you are worried about an active invasion, call experts in wildlife control in New Jersey for inspection and removal.
The Most Successful Wildlife Control Method For New Jersey Homes
Call a home pest control company if you suspect a nuisance wildlife invasion in your New Jersey home. Do not try and handle the problem by yourself, as the animals could attack you or contract an infection.
Heritage Pest control offers safe and effective nuisance wildlife removal solutions that stop damage caused by these critters and keep your family safe.