Reliable Pest Control Services For Mahwah, New Jersey Homes & Businesses
Located within the parameters of Bergen County rests the township of Mahwah, New Jersey. Each year, we see our fair share of tourists, especially since we are no more than an hour and a half away from the always-popular New York City. Sometimes, it appears as though Mahwah residents deal with new pesky tourists each season, except that these tourists are small, destructive, and stick around for more than a week or two. You guessed it, we’re talking about wildlife pests!
When it comes to keeping your property safeguarded against these year-round nuisance pests, the team here at Heritage Pest Control has your back. We provide Mahwah residents with the products, services, and time needed to keep pests off their property for years to come. To avoid seeing pests such as rats, ants, termites, or squirrels in your home or business this season, reach out to the pest technicians here at Heritage Pest Control!
Residential Pest Control In Mahwah, NJ
Don’t give pests the opportunity to enter your home and spread destruction, disease, and stress to you and your family. Your home should always have the proper home pest control program it needs to stay pest-free all year long. Heritage Pest Control partners with Mahwah homeowners to keep pests out!
When you reach out to our team of certified pest technicians for solutions to your residential pest control problems, your pest infestation is as good as gone! With Green pest control products, quality customer care, and humane wildlife trapping services, you can trust the pest control professionals here at Heritage Pest Control to get the job done correctly with each visit.
If your home or property is under the threat of a pest infestation this year, your best choice is to reach out to us at Heritage Pest Control for assistance!
Problems Squirrels Can Cause In Mahwah, New Jersey
For some Mahwah residents, looking outside at the squirrels in the trees can bring a smile to their faces. After all, what’s not to love about these bushy-tailed and bright-eyed creatures, right? Unfortunately, a squirrel’s cute charm vanishes completely when they find a way onto your property. The joy you got from watching them play outside turns sour when they begin wreaking havoc in your Mahwah home or business.
Some of the issues squirrels cause when they enter your property include:
Gnawing on furniture, shelving, structural beams, wires, and piping.
Leaving a foul-smelling odor throughout your property due to excessive amounts of urine and feces.
Damaging roofing when trying to get into your attic.
Contaminating food items and counter surfaces with fecal matter, bacteria, and pathogens.
Becoming aggressive when cornered, which may lead to bites or scratches.
Squirrels belong out in nature where they came from. Heritage Pest Control provides human trapping services for wildlife. This way, your home can remain pest-free, and pests can return to where they belong. Reach out to the pest technicians here at Heritage Pest Control for effective pest management!
Commercial Pest Control In Mahwah, New Jersey
Sometimes, it can be easy to overlook the fact that your Mahwah company would benefit from a year-round pest control plan protecting your property. However, when business owners do decide to look for commercial pest control options, it may seem a little overwhelming. Which pest control provider is going to be the best fit for your company? What makes a pest control program effective? How do you know when you’ve found the right pest control technicians for the job? Well, the answer is simpler than you may think.
When you’re looking for proper pest management and control, it is best to look for these five indicators of an effective commercial pest control provider:
Quick, reliable communication
Integrated Pest Management methodology
Here at Heritage Pest Control, we fulfill each of these necessary components and more! Our technicians have been thoroughly trained to spot the signs of a pest infestation, communicate their findings, and supply a variety of treatments and solutions for you to choose from. When you choose Heritage, you choose a commercial pest control provider that cares about the needs of your company.
Guide To Protecting Your Mahwah, NJ Property From Termite Damage
Unless you’ve personally dealt with termites, you’re probably not fully aware of how detrimental these wood-destroying insects can be for Mahwah property owners. Termite damage is often extensive and costly to repair, especially when you are unaware of an existing infestation on your property before damage has already occurred. Termites are dependant on moisture to survive, often seeking out wood that is damp or wet. If termites are attracted to your home, this may be an indicator of a separate moisture problem.
There are several steps you can take to protect your Mahwah property from termites, including:
Limiting the areas around your home or business that allow wooden components of your building to be in direct contact with the soil.
To reduce moisture, tighten loose piping, repair leaking drains, and ensure that your gutters are free of clutter or natural debris so water can drain correctly.
Store woodpiles away from the exterior walls of your home, remove stumps, and get rid of logs on your property.
Keep foliage trimmed away from your property, as branches and twigs often serve as natural bridges to your home.
While keeping these termite prevention tips in mind is often beneficial, only a professional pest technician has the equipment and skill you need to remove an existing termite infestation. Heritage Pest Control provides quality products such as Termidor® and optional baiting systems to eliminate termites from your property. Keep termites away from your home or business building with a little help from our licensed pest technicians! To learn more about our service offerings, contact Heritage Pest Control today!
Five Tips For A Bed Bug-Free Home In Mahwah
Bed bugs are pests that will find their way into Mahwah homes and hide out only to feed off
human blood at night. They usually live inside of furniture, mattresses, and the occasional electrical outlet when they get pushed out of other infested areas. Bed bugs can also be very tricky to eliminate and can survive for extended periods of time without access to food, so they are worth preventing at all costs. Here are five tips to avoid bed bugs:
- Inspect used household items. Before bringing home any secondhand couches, beds, nightstands, and upholstered items, always check them for signs of bed bugs. If it’s possible, try to learn as much about their previous conditions.
- Travel like a pro. When staying at a hotel, always store worn clothes in a sealed bag. Wash them immediately upon arriving home and dry them on the highest setting.
- Secure entry points. Bed bugs can easily maneuver from property to property, especially if there are shared walls involved. Fill in gaps and crevices of foundations with caulk and insert door sweeps where they’re needed.
- Keep things tidy. Aim to vacuum and clean on a regular basis to get rid of any potential bed bugs that may have gotten into the house.
- Work with a professional. A pest control professional is going to be able to provide the most effective bed bug treatments and prevention. And if outbreaks do occur, then a pest expert is going to have top-shelf products that people can’t find elsewhere.
For more information on bed bug control, call Heritage Pest Control today.
Dos And Don'ts Of Spider Control In Mahwah
Some of the spiders in Mahwah are harmless, while others, such as the brown recluse, are far more harmful. When it comes to preventing spiders, here are some of the things that locals should and shouldn’t do:
- Don’t leave trash to accumulate. Garbage is very alluring to the pests that spiders eat, so letting old food sit in a bin may draw flies, ants, and cockroaches.
- Do fix leaks and moisture issues. Both spiders and the pests they eat are attracted to damp conditions. Check for leaks both inside and outside on a regular basis and fix whatever problems appear. It’s also important to keep crawl spaces and basements dry with the use of a dehumidifier.
- Don’t leave yard debris around your property. It’s very important to clear away all sticks, hedge clippings, and leaf piles from the backyard to reduce the number of areas where spiders can hide.
- Do ask for help. The most straightforward way to prevent spiders is with services from a pest control professional.
To learn more about spider control, call Heritage Pest Control today.
All The Problems Pest Wildlife Can Cause In Mahwah Homes
For residents of Mahwah, wildlife animals can be a typical part of their everyday lives. That said, there are still a handful of issues that these animals can cause. Some of the issues they pose include:
- The spread of parasites: Many wildlife animals, such as birds, skunks, and raccoons, are known to carry other pests. These pests can include ticks, fleas, and mites, all of which pose their own health risks.
- Other health issues: Wildlife like raccoons are capable of carrying rabies, which can be very harmful to people. Pest birds can also leave behind droppings that contain fungus that can cause histoplasmosis.
- Possible property damage: Wildlife is known to ruin gardens by digging them up or eating away at them. They can also create nests in inopportune areas and chew at insulation or electrical wires.
For help with wildlife control, call Heritage Pest Control today.
How Mahwah Pet Owners Can Protect Their Furry Friends From Fleas
Fleas are one of the pests that have the most potential to cause harm to Mahwah residents’
family pets. They are parasites that thrive off of warm blood, which they can usually be supplied with by cats and dogs. During their often uninterrupted feedings, fleas can spread pathogens that lead to murine typhus and be the source of anemia. In order to protect furry friends from these issues, try the following tips:
- Start with a vet. Consider speaking with a veterinarian about year-round flea control, which may be taken orally or applied topically.
- Be thorough. After pets have spent any time outdoors, give them a thorough check for any signs of fleas. This is particularly important after trips to the dog park, hikes, or time in the backyard.
- Limit interactions with unknown animals. For people who frequent dog parks, consider allowing dogs to only play with other dogs that they know and who don’t show signs of fleas.
- Keep wildlife away. Animals such as skunks, squirrels, birds, and raccoons can also spread fleas to yards, which can then create issues for family pets. In order to deter these animals, always keep outdoor trash bins secured, limit bird feeders, turn on porch lights at night, and install decoy animals around the property.
For additional help with fleas, call Heritage Pest Control for flea control today.
Contact Us for Pest Relief
Complete the form below to request your service.